10 Tips for LA Home Sellers of Luxury Los Angeles Real Estate by Desiree Lapin
The 10 Tips for LA Home Sellers was created especially for my clients to optimize their luxury home sale process as well as avoid “leaving money on the table” and other problems that can potentially happen in a prime real estate sale. I am sharing them with you here as an introduction to the caliber of my service.
The good news is that, as of this writing in 2017, it is a Seller’s Market in Los Angeles real estate. Villas for sale in Los Angeles receive multiple offers, and LA Realtors are in fierce competition to list luxury homes and mansions for sale.
If you are about to consider divesting of a residential property, read on! You should take the time to consider several criteria in setting your goals, as well as how to go about choosing a top real estate agent in Los Angeles to represent you.
- Do you want to be “On the Market” or “In the Market”? This is a common phrase nowadays in LA’s Seller’s market. In other words, are you “on the market” to see what sellers think of your home, or are you “in the market” to sell to a ready and qualified buyer who is out there looking at everything.
- Timing is everything! The “sweet spot” in today’s market is 0-2 weeks for an accepted offer. After a month on the market, properties languish and become stale. Be prepared to price according to comparable proeprties so that you can receive multiple offers and open escrow quickly. Even if you do not need to relocate or buy another home in Los Angeles quickly, once you are in the MLS, be prepared for action!
- If Pricing is the most important criteria for you, what are you (legally) willing to do to get the highest price? Professional staging is not uncommon, nor are pre-inspections and appraisals.
- How much of a hassle will this be? Be realistic. My clients recently decided to move out of their luxurious Pacific Palisades home because they realized that the showings would be a major disruption to their family life.
- When is the last time you sold a property? Technology affects almost every aspect of the luxury home sale today, so choose an LA Realtor who uses it to his or her advantage, at least in the areas of photography, marketing and document signatures.
- Don’t cut corners. Pre-listing preparation is as important as the Listing period to assure “best face forward”.
- Will your home be marketed internationally? Los Angeles enjoys a significant number of foreign buyers and investors, many of whom buy all cash.
- Insist that your Listing Agent host as many Open Houses as possible. Tuesdays (Broker’s Opens) and Sundays (Public Opens) are the “Secret Sauce” of multiple offers!
- Evaluate your offers. Just as your property is unique, so are the buyers who want to make it their own. There are many components to an offer other than pricing. An experienced agent can help you evaluate the differences.
- Start packing! Not yet! Escrow is a process with typically several contingency dates. This is a crucial time during which your agent needs to be communicating with you and the Buyer’s Agent. Aside from the property inspection contingencies, the buyer needs to be actively qualifying for his or her loan.
As a top real estate agent, my #1 goal is to provide the best quality service for my clients. By working together, I use my 27 years of experience and commit to my Seller Clients:
- to put the Clients’ best interests first
- to consistently listen and communicate
- to diligently research comparable properties
- to actively market to the most qualified buyers
- to professionally negotiate the optimum selling price
- to expeditiously handle the inspection and escrow process
- to manage the details in the background for a stress-free closing
- to always be available on the phone or in person
- to use all of my resources ~my in-office team of marketing, administrative, and managerial staff are unsurpassed in experience and knowledge
buying home in beverly hills, high end real estate los angeles, buying a home in los angeles, luxury homes and mansions for sale, home with tennis court, buy beach house, venice beach houses for sale, Luxury Real Estate by Desiree Lapin of Sotheby’s International Realty, relocating to los angeles, homes for sale with large lots, get my home appraised, villa for sale los angeles,luxury homes los angeles, brentwood home listing, top real estate agent, Desiree Lapin, Sotheby’s, LA Realtor, Beach house, Luxury villa, Buy real esate, Home appraisal, Celebrity home